Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ballet, si belle.







I used to dance ballet when I was younger, and I've always had a love of the grace and elegance of the movement in this dance. Do you not love the soft colors of these photographs? Ditte Isager certainly has captured something quite beautiful in this shoot featuring ballet-inspired wedding gowns. Gorgeous!

Do you ever have those mornings when you wake up, and you just know that it's going to be a good day? The sun is peeking through my window, and I smell flowers and summer in the air... Nothing can bring me down today.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely images!! I also did ballet as a child:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning air makes Good days, I love feeling high on hopefulness.

    Your blog is wonderful.

    These photographs are so pretty and delicate.

    sweetness xx
    hope to hear from you*!
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post! I love those days when you wake up with a positive state of mind :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, I love thse pictures, and your header! I love mornings like that, glad you had one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see someone dance ballet it amazes me how they, the ballerinas, can be so elegant, graceful, and beautiful while inside contains so much strength, physically and mentally. These pictures are very beautiful and reminds me of the painting "Dance Class" by Degas or even other ballet impressionist paintings to emphasize movement with the brush strokes. I believe soft color of these photos compliments the soft skin of the dancers and creates this overall calming mood. Qu'est-ce un grand poste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,great blog you got here.Im more into baseball,then ballet,but these are nice pictures.Anyways I draw fashion designs,and I am 12.If you wanna see it,go on crazykidstyleemcks.blogspot.com,'ll follow,you can do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mixing brides and ballet? Ohh, these phtoos are simply gorgeous. I was always impressed by the grace that ballerinas had.
    I need to wake up with more mornings like the one you had.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Speak, friend, and enter.